Course lengths available: 45m, 2h, 4h, 1Day
For generations, the Tibetan village of Zhonglu has maintained a waste-free, agricultural lifestyle. Over the course of thousands of years, the same fields were used repeatedly without exhausting the soil’s resources. Through traditional agricultural practices they consistently returned the organic materials back into the land. With this program, you will develop an in-depth understanding of indigenous Tibetan farming practices and how they utilize the symbiotic relationship between the plants, animals and people of this pristine region.
In this Program, you will participate in:
- Wheat, Corn, and Sichuan Pepper Farming
- Lessons in the use of biodynamic practices in Tibetan agricultural and nomadic areas.
- Lessons in daily composting and land fertilizing practices.
- Lessons in sustainable treatment of human waste.
- Practice in utilizing fermented materials for sheet mulching.